The Inishowen Gateway Hotel offers the perfect place to get away with all the family in terms of Family Hotels in Donegal. We have everything you may need to ensure all of the family are entertained throughout your stay.
Family facilities here with us include:
- Planet Active Kids Club which runs 2 sessions daily with a range of activites for the kiddies (open weekends and School holidays)
- Planet Imagination Workshop offering children the opportunity to make a tresured keep sake of their holiday
- Leisure Centre with 20 metre deck level pool and we run family fun hours twice daily
- Large, comfortable family rooms to cater for larger familys
- Interconnecting rooms available on request to allow more comfort
- Additional cots and camp beds available on request
- Seagrass Spa and Wellbeing Centre allowing Mum some 'me' time
- Buncrana Golf Course for Dad to perfect his swing, complimentary for residents (subject to availability)
- Kids menu in both our Peninsula Restaurant and Lough View Bar
- Access to Lisfannon Beach right next to the hotel for when the sun does shine
- Buncrana Town park only a short walk from hotel grounds
We can’t guarantee you sunshine but we can guarantee that the kids will have a out of this world experience in Planet Active and Planet Imagination. Planet Active offers families the chance to have the kids supervised and entertained by our kids Club Leaders. It opens as follows:
- Weekends (except November), mid term breaks and daily during the summer months (July/August) making it one of the most sought after family hotel kid clubs in Donegal.
- Planet Imagination Workshops during Summer Holidays only.
- Our other packages do not have Planet Active access included but children can attend at a fee of €3.50 per child
- Family Funcation Packages include all sessions into planet active per day and one workshop in Planet Imagination when applicable.
- Movie Night also complimentary.
- Both fun filled areas are fully supervised during specified hours by trained staff ensuring your kids safety at all times
- Planet Active Kids Club closes throughout November
Our Family Friendly Statement
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Donegal, we can't wait for your children to experience an amazing time with us in our Kids Club, Planet Active, along with our child friendly pool and dining areas. Here in the Inishowen Gateway Hotel we provide family friendly facilities that allow for a fun and safe environment for children when staying with us, including Planet Active Kids Club, Planet Imagination workshops and family friendly time in the pool. These family friendly facilities are provided to ensure children have an amazing experience with us within a controlled environment with staff that are vetted and trained.
Our Supervised Kids Club is available to children aged between 4-12 years and only open to our residents. Please note availability is limited and on a first come first served basis. You can check opening times with reception as times may change daily.
During your stay with us please remember that we also cater for other guests within the hotel and with this in mind we ask that you respect other guests. You can do this as a family by ensuring that when in public areas including the lobby, corridors, bar, restaurant etc, your children are supervised at all times. Children are expected to be accompanied by an adult at all times including when they are being signed into our Kids Club. Should our staff feel that children are not being supervised by an adult they will request that they return to their parents/guardians immediately. This is especially important after 10pm in the hotel corridors, when other guests may be trying to rest.
Children are asked to vacate the bar at 9pm (extended to 10pm during summer months) but please note family movies are offered in a private room for children on busy evenings, subject to minimum numbers. For more information please contact reception.
We understand that a family break is a memorable time for everyone and we want it to be the best experience it can be for you as a parent, but we also want this to be the case for all our guests and we hope we have your assistance in making this a reality.