Groups and Tours
The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is the perfect venue for groups or tours looking to explore the Inishowen Peninsula and surrounding areas such as Letterkenny and Derry. We are experienced in welcoming groups including Dancing, Golf Societies, Walker Groups, active retirement groups and conference delegates as well as many parties of friends and families.
We would be delighted to tailor a package to suit the needs of your group for example you can choose to include packed lunches, drinks reception, entertainment, gala dinner or a private room for dining.
We also work with local tourism providers to offer guests a wide range of activities including Inish Adventures who offer a full range of water based activities and The Fennel Shed who offer quilt making classes, to name a few. The facilities available for all guests who stay with us include:
- Leisure Centre with swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room with gym
- Seagrass Spa & Wellbeing Centre
- Choice of dining options available with our Lough View Bar offering a more relaxed atmosphere or our Peninsula Restaurant located on the first floor overlooking Lough Swilly
- Private banquet rooms available for private dining
- Live entertainment every weekend
- High Speed WIFI access complimentary for all guests
The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located along the Inishowen 100, a 100km route across the peninsula and the starting point of the Wild Atlantic Way. Inishowen is a popular destination with various tour groups due to the range of high quality tourist attractions in the area including:
- Doagh Famine Village - an outdoor museum which tells the story of life in this area in the 1970's going back to the Famine in the 1840s.
- Glenevin Waterfall and Tearoom - a selection of looped walking trails including the 2km trail to the waterfall with tearoom on site
- Fort Dunree - a previous military base in Buncrana including an Exhibition centre, Audio visual facilities, Cafeteria, Scenic Walks, Unique Flora and Fauna, Birdlife. The Fort is open all year round.
- Grianan of Aileach - an impressive stone ring fort, located on top of Greenan hill and with spectacular panoramic views of the surrounding hills, lakes and countryside
- Malin Head - the most northerly point in Ireland and famous for its rugged natural beauty of mountains, bays, inlets and rocks. At Bamba's Crown there is an information point and a marked path taking you on a walk to some fantastic scenic points
Buncrana is situated in the perfect location to explore Donegal and Derry with the following locations being popular with groups and tours:
- Derry City - only a short 15 minute drive from the hotel with a range of fantastic shops, cultural activities and museums. A must see following the hugely succesful City Of Culture 2013
- Glenveagh National Park - located just over an hours drive from buncrana the park is over 16,000 hectares in the heart of the Derryveagh Mountains
- Titanic Quarters - located just under 2 hours from Buncrana the Titanic quarters is a very popular attraction
We can offer special rates for group bookings. Please contact our reservations team on 074 93 61144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about availability and prices.