Changes to Procedures and Services
To all our customers please know that currently we do not require proof of vaccination to book a stay with us. This is not a requirement for hotel residents when staying with us or dining with us throughout your stay.
For any customers looking to make a reservation with us please know that all our packages and room rates do not require a deposit and can be cancelled at any time up to 24 hours prior to arrival without charge. Please note that bookings made on other website may differ so please check their terms and conditions and to be sure, please book direct with us on our website or by phone on 07493 61144.
Our staff have completed the Failte Ireland Covid Safety Charter to ensure your safety at all times.
We would like our guests and non-residents to be aware of changes to our services and operations prior to arrival to avoid any surprises and any potential requests made of them during their stay.
We have followed the government guidelines on the changes we have made and have adhered to guidelines set out by Failte Ireland. Please note that there have been many more changes made behind the scenes that you will not be aware of, what is listed here is only the information we feel guests would need to know.
Certain Hotel facilities will reopen only when it is safe to do so and social distancing can be safely carried out. This means our Seagrass Spa, Jacuzzi and Planet Active Kids Club have not yet been given a date for reopening.
Most important of all, enjoy your stay while playing your part in helping people keep safe.
Health & Safety
- On arrival all guests are asked to use the hand disinfection station in the hotel lobby.
- Hand disinfection stations will be placed throughout the hotel for guests to use and are asked to use these regularly.
- The hotel has been marked with foot marks and the bar will operate a one way system.
- The floor markings have been measured out to adhere to the 2m distance between guests not in the same family.
- There will be ongoing deep cleaning of the main touchpoints throughout the hotel including, but not limited to, door handles, reception desk, public areas and lifts.
- We are providing our staff with the necessary PPE and will adhere to government guidelines on its use.
- Training of staff will be ongoing as guidelines change/ are amended in line with the lockdown being lifted.
- Children are not permitted to be in the hotel without parental supervision at all times. Any children found unsupervised will be returned to their parents and we ask for parents cooperation on this issue. This includes hotel public areas, bedroom corridors and dining areas.
- Due to guidelines it is nessecary going forward to retain guest information for contact tracing purposes.
- On arrival please wear your mask/ face covering until seated and then you can remove. This includes wearing your mask as you approach the front desk
Changes to Procedures and Services
- If possible please pre pay for your room prior to arrival to avoid a delay in check in. Pre-payment can be done at time of booking or the day before arrival. We still also accept cash on arrival if you prefer to pay this method.
- Bookings for dinner/ breakfast will be a max of 6 adults. Children are not included in this number so we can accoomodate up to 9 children and the table capacity cannot exceed 15 people.
- Please wear a mask when passing through or arriving into any public area. Once seated you may remove your mask.
- Check out time has been revised to 11am and check in time is 4pm. Due to the increase room turnaround times we cannot guarantee a 4pm check in time so please be patient with us.
- No late check outs or early check ins can be provided until further notice.
- Our Jacuzzi is not yet reopened for anyone attending our Leisure Centre
- The Spa is still closed until further notice
- Due to our dedication to ensuring our guests are completely at ease with the cleaniness of our bedrooms we have introduced a new cleaning regime. This does impact on the length of time it takes to clean a bedroom but we do believe it will only add to our guest reassurance.
- Room moves will be restricted. Please ensure any requests have been made prior to checkin time if you require any of the following in order to enjoy your stay as we may not be able to offer a room move:
- Disabled access room
- Room with walk in shower
- Seaview room (fee applies to guarantee this, requests are never guaranteed)
- Superior room (fee applies)
- Camp bed or cot for children and babies
- Larger room for families (please note only limited large family rooms are available and unless booked at time of reservation can not be guaranteed)
- Room near to Leisure Centre
- Ground floor room
- Room near lift
- Prior to arrival guests will be pre booked for dinner and breakfast. This is to ensure that guests are prioritised with service in the hotel for drinks service. Unfortunately we cannot offer requests for seaview or window seats.
- Please note that even with pre booking there may be a delay to be seated for breakfast and dinner. We try and keep this to a minimum wait but it cannot always be avoided. We ask you to arrive on time for your allocated booking time to avoid a knock on effect to bookings after you.
- The use of card for payments throughout the hotel is requested. Room charges cannot be offered at this time.
- Table service will be mandatory during your stay. We will be not able to offer bar counter service at the moment due to government advice. Seating at the bar has been removed. This includes Breakfast service.
- We ask that only families use the lift together and guests do not share lifts with other guests.
General Public Reservations for Barfood and Restaurant
- When we reopen for indoor dining for food service for non residents we ask that a reservation is made to ensure availability. Numbers we can cater for have been reduced to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Tables will be allocated based on social distancing guidelines so you may be placed in our Lough View Bar, Swilly Bar or Swilly Suite for dining.
- Government guidelines request a time limit on tables in order for turnaround and adequate time for cleaning and avoiding other customers as much as possible. A 1 hour and 45 minute time allowance per booking for non residents will be allowed with a further 15 minutes for cleaning and the exiting and entrance of customers.
- All food service now will be table service until further notice. This will include Sunday Carvery Lunch
Covid 19 related Procedures
- If you are showing symptons of Covid 19 as outlined by the HSE to include high temperature, cough and or shortness of breath, then you are asked not to come into the hotel. This is expected of hotel guests and non - residents.
- If you have recently travelled from abroad then please follow the government guidelines and self quarantine for 14 days before arranging a stay with us in order to fully respect the health and safety of other guests in our care and our staff.
- If, during your stay with us, you show any symptons of Covid 19 then you are asked to immediately self isolate in your room and contact reception on your phone. Do not go into any public areas or approach reception in person. Our designated Covid lead staff member will guide you through our emergency response protocol.
The above changes have been introduced for the health and safety of our guests. As we adjust to this new normal, your comfort throughout your stay is still also our priority.
Changes to the above procedures and services will happen as lockdown eases and the rules relax so when your date of arrival is due some of the above measures may no longer be in place. If you are concerned then please contact us here at the hotel to discuss with a member of our team.
Many thanks for reasding our guidelines and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel very soon.